Friday, June 22, 2012

Drum Love

I am super excited because I just got my new drum! A djembe to be exact. I have been drawn to drumming for a long time and have been wanting to learn. I love the drums so much so much so that when I had an MRI I actually found it strangely soothing with the drum-like sounds tapping an unfamiliar beat inside the tube where I laid.
Living in a more rural area means that we do not have the same luxuries and offerings as larger areas so I searched for the nearest drumming class and the closest one I could find is about 2 hours away. Then it occurred to me ... why not just get a drum and learn on my own?! So that is what I did. Last week I found this pretty, red Toca drum and it arrived yesterday afternoon. As soon as I got home from work I checked youtube for some basic lessons and started to play. Love it! Drum circle anyone?