Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wild, Precious Life

"Tell me, what will you do with your one wild and precious life?" This message from the poem, The Summer Day by Mary Oliver,  has been on my mind a lot lately. It is a quote that I have been thinking about so much so that it seemed to be calling out to be in this painting. It may stay, it may get covered up... who knows since this piece is just in the beginning stages. Of course I will update with photos as the piece wanders through it's stages of creation.


I have been pondering this question and the bigger message behind it (at least the one I take from it). The message of not only what will I do but also how I will do it. The how being with compassion, with grace, with love, care and patience, with respect and kindness, with honesty and integrity and with purpose. In addition to this question, I have also been reading about the power of intention in a book by Dr. Wayne Dyer and making vision boards with the guidance of Christine Kane. I have most of my vision board finished but I am giving it a little bit more time just in case I come across other ideas I want to include... or other ideas present themselves that want to be included... The project is fun and a great way to make visible my desires and dreams. The concept of offering this up to the universe and allowing magic to happen is exciting... Hey Universe... I am ready!