Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Creative Diversions

Although my focus has been deep in painting as of late, I do like to mix it up and work my hands and creativity in a different way. So, I have made some fun little crafty items...


I found these little banner flags at a craft shop and knew right away I had to make something. So tiny and cute- they are only about an inch or so in size. I stenciled the letters to spell LOVE and embellished with ribbons and beads. I have some different ideas to play with- think I will be making lots more of these...


It might sound crazy, but when I find a rusty bottle cap, an interesting shaped stick, a feather, rock or animal bone I get super excited as if I have just discovered a buried treasure... I guess, in a way, it is. I am a collector of these bits and pieces. I have boxes, bowls and trays loaded with them. They wait for the perfect time to show up in my work. Here is an old bottle cap and piece of driftwood that I incorporated into a little mobile-type goodie... again, I see more on the way...

And a new 6x6 inch painting I finished on Sunday...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.