Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Do You MOO?

Over the years I have designed many different business cards for my evolving art venture. I  recall the first card I made back in the day... it was a basic template of information, no logo, not reflective of any creativity, made from a basic word program... printed from my home computer on the business card paper, you know, the kind with the perforated lines for easy separation... you had to make sure everything lined up or when you tore them apart your information was off-center or worse... part of the info ended up on the row of cards in the next column... remember those? I tried to snazz them up by hand drawing little designs on each card... the lack of success was more a reflection of my limitations than anything else. I know that many people are totally satisfied going this route.

Today, there are so many options. Over the last few years I have discovered and used VistaprintZazzle and Cafepress. All three sites offer similar products and printing services but I find that each one also has their own advantages depending on what you are after. I have made postcards, business cards, prints, stickers, canvas reproductions and even a cute little makeup bag, all with my art and logo printed on them. I have spent countless hours designing and redesigning... so much fun!

Wellll, enter MOO cards. Jackpot! I just discovered this marketing product paradise and I am hooked! Imagine not having to choose which artwork to feature on your business cards... instead, feature as many pieces as you like... Brilliant! I designed my new business cards yesterday and used eight different images of my paintings. They are like trading cards! I can't wait to get these cards next week...  I will update with a photo of all of the new designs as soon as I get them.
In the mean time here are two new pieces that I included in my business card order...









10 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog, love your paintings. I do Moo and wait till you have tried MiniMoo.... they are the cutest..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sigga! I can only imagine all of the fun products I will make...

      Delete
  2. Great, Chritina! I've been meaning to do this too, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You're inspiring me! I love the paintings you chose! I saw Sigga's ^ cards too and they are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Keep me posted... I would love to see yours when you get them printed.

      Delete
  3. i have seen posts about this - i'm going to their website right now - I didn't really need any cards - but I guess I should get ready - I like the idea of having different images on different cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really need any either but I saw some examples and wanted them. Talk about the power of suggestion!

      Delete
  4. I have heard about MOOing, and have visited the site often....and am now compelled to join my fellow MOO'ers. How do you get the variety pack? Can't seem to find...anyway, Happy MOOing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisa,

      Go to http://us.moo.com/ and click to design business cards. Once you start designing you will have the option to add different designs/files to your cards and depending on how many designs you choose and how many cards you are ordering it will automatically divide the order between designs. So cool! I went with rounded corners- I think they will look pretty cool. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Stopping by to say hi! I love moo and use the mini moo's as a "gift tag" on the outside of my packages with "thank you" written on one side with all my contact/social media info and photos on the other side. They are a little pricey, but worth it I think! p.s. forgot to answer you on my blog, I'm in Pine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J.C.
      Thanks for stopping by! Great idea for the mini moo's.
      My guess was Evergreen... close!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.