Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I've been needing this...



Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. - Christian D. Larson

Many of the messages I share when teaching a yoga class are about self-love, honoring our bodies and our hearts, giving to ourselves so that we can give more fully to others... I know this is true and while I suggest it to others and have known it intellectually for myself... it wasn't until last night, while I was immersed in creativity (painting the piece below) that I actually felt this... embodied this... not in my head but in my heart and in my whole being. It was like a giant pulse of energy that transferred the knowing literally from my brain down into my body. A sensation of pure love radiated out from my core all the way out to the very edges of my body. It didn't last long but I felt it and it was a pretty amazing sensation.

"Love Letter to Myself" 36x40, acrylic on canvas

I found this book by SARK yesterday afternoon on the sale shelf at the library. I had come across her over the last year browsing different blogs but never took the time to learn more about her. I guess she came at just the right time... I am loving her message.

Succulent Wild Woman by SARK
Courtesy of http://planetsark.com/


 And the message on my morning cup of tea today...








4 comments:

  1. Christina, sorry if I am sending this twice. For some reason it did not go thru the first time.
    I just wanted to say how much I love your art.
    Really beautiful

    paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paige! I am so glad you visited.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina, fellow Flyer here :) your mixed media pieces are so cute, I really like them! I see that you teach yoga...one of these days, one of these days I am going to try it. For the past few years I have been wanting to try yoga, I don't know much about it, but for some reason I just feel it would be so good for me :) how did you get started?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelly!
    I definitely recommend you give yoga a try... try different classes and different teachers because it can vary. I started about 13 years ago when a friend asked me to go. I felt something immediately (physically, but more so emotionally) even though I couldn't explain it at the time, I was hooked and wanted to feel that great all the time, so I kept going back. Thanks for asking and for visiting here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.