Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Freedom To Be

This piece started out as an example for an intuitive painting workshop I was going to teach (sadly, cancelled due to our move). I had taken some photos of the beginning stages when I originally painted this to share some of the process with my students. I was going to then go in on top and add more throughout the class.





Well, ... I had a burst of inspiration the other night and let it loose on the canvas since I wasn't going to be using it in the workshop anymore... and this is the result...




Lately I have been looking at a lot of art journaling work and also inspired by graffiti. In addition, this artist and this one too have been on my radar... all of that definitely inspired this piece. It was so much fun and so freeing to work in this way. I worked in a sort of stream of consciousness manner and wrote words and quotes of positivity. Some are buried under the paint but they are there, in the energy and essence of the work. It was like all of the messages I have been learning about and focusing on were poured out from my heart and onto the canvas.

5 comments:

  1. Although I like the first and second versions, the final painting really hits home. That is beautiful the way the words appear. And I love the heart in the olive picture. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to document the progress of our pieces? Sometimes I like earlier versions better... but I am glad I took this one as far as I did!

      Delete
  2. You are one amazing artist! I just love your style and those pieces came out so lovely. I can't wait to see more. I liked each one for the colors, the words and all of them worked so well individually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great love the Story behind and the result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.