Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Paint Party Friday

Last week I discovered Paint Party Friday and I am so glad I decided to participate in this fun offering. Almost instantly, I discovered so many supportive creatives who are willing to share in each others endeavors. 
And I have expanded my inspiration pool by seeing so much creativity in this group. I shared a blog post about a new direction my art is taking and it definitely is...


Here is my latest piece I started a couple days ago and worked on late into last night. It is not finished yet but I think it is getting close.


Like many artists, I get deeply involved with certain subject matter and symbols. They continually appear in my art as I "work through" them and gradually a series emerges. As I stated last week, I think the birdies are gone for now and I am seeing a new focus develop. I am having so much fun and this very physically involved painting process feels so good and natural... I feel super alive and aware of the moment but also loose and free as I am painting. Loving where I am headed...!

Happy Friday to all and if you haven't yet, head on over to the great community of artists at Paint Party Friday.

15 comments:

  1. Love, love your colors and layers and composition!
    I agree...Paint Party Friday is such an incredibly talented and supportive group of artists!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something magical about your artwork ~ lovely colors and composition and lively!

    (A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS ~ am your latest follow on GFC ~ ^_^ Happy Weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love the colors and textures. It's very cheery and bright....makes me smile. :) Welcome to PPF! It's a fun community if artists. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your happy artwork full of terrific shapes and colours. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, love all the yummy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wonderful painting! And so is your card from the 2012 Inspirational Card Deck Swap. I love it Thanks and enjoy the swap. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mixed media. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina, your painting is very lovely. I find it so inspiring to read your blog post on the process of painting and how you are seeing your new focus developing. I will be taking an online painting e-class with Flora Bowley in the new year. Painting is fairly new to me. I only took one local painting class about 5 years ago. I am inspired by so many artist like yourself. I hope that painting will become my new passion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your painting style - so colorful and appealing - I rec'd one of your cards in the inspiration swap and love the quote - thanks for sharing and hope to see you in the next swap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your colorful piece.. most specially the heart! Welcome to PPF! You will definitely be inspired:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! The heart with the wings is so sweet. I really like all the beautiful colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christina your work is lovely. The colors you use are so vibrant and your messages really speak to me.

    I read through your posts and saw that you also participate in Wishcasting Wednesday. I did that for several years. It too was a wonderful place to meet inspiring people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anytime you feel alive and free, you know you are heading in the right direction. Welcome, welcome to PPF! It's a great place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.