Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's Wednesday...

Today is Wishcasting Wednesday over at Jamie Ridler Studios. Jamie asks... "What do you wish to clear?" Oooh, good one!

In preparation for our recent move I did a lot of physical clearing. Many trips were made to the local thrift store to donate the excess stuff. Each trip I made triggered the questions "Where did I get all of this stuff?", "How can I still have more stuff?" and "Did I really need all of this stuff?"

The physical clearing was such a cleansing ritual that, even if we hadn't moved, I would have eventually taken the time to do so... as I do at least once each year.
 
So often we gather more than we need. We collect things, objects, stuff. We surround ourselves with items that help to define us, to make us feel more whole. We become attached. And often, we need more. And, much like all the physical stuff, we often gather a lot of thoughts, ideas and beliefs about ourselves, others and life that are like all of the extra things... taking up space, clutter, not needed, not worth carrying around and so often, not true. 


So to answer Jamie's question... I wish to clear myself of the restricting notions that hold me back from my essence. I wish to clear the unnecessary stuff in order to make room for more good, for more positivity and for more love. 



7 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. Wonderful and I can really relate. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wishes. As you wish for yourself Christina so do I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...restricting notions and unnecessary stuff...me, too! As you wish for yourself, so I too wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *yayyy* I am all up for decluttering, Christina - brilliant wish!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wish, it is an ongoing process de-cluttering the mind, life and home environment of all that unnecessary stuff. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing what we collect. As Christina wishes for herself, so also I wish for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, this collector is having some guilty pangs reading (and KNOWING!) your words...so true! As Christina wishes for herself, I also wish for her! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.