Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Manifest...

I'm not one to make a New Year's resolution. It just never makes sense... or maybe I just never plan ahead enough. Yes, I am a bit of a procrastinator. And when the time finally rolls around I am not prepared. Plus, what happens if I decide on a resolution in June instead of January? Maybe I am totally missing the point... 

Although I am not choosing to make a resolution I have been contemplating some different ideas for this coming year. It is a new concept for me and something I have been playing with over the last few weeks. I like the idea of choosing a word for the year. Many artists that I admire do this... choose a word as a theme, focus or guide and revisit it throughout the year. But, one word, like one resolution, seems a little too confining. So... I have been tossing around the idea of choosing one word for each month of the new year. I like this idea because it gives me the ability to work on many areas of my life and allows my (slightly restless) self to expand a bit further than if I had just one focal word. We'll see... it is all new to me and I am open to letting it evolve. I am excited, ready to give it a go and see what comes about.


I have been thinking about what my word for January will be... For the past several months I have been in a place of dreaming, wishing and asking. I know that is a very important part of setting things into universal motion... but, now I feel it is time to take a more active role in making those desires come to fruition.

So my word to start the year and for the month of January is...

MANIFEST.

Have you chosen a word...? 
Wishing you the best in this coming year.

1 comment:

  1. You have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Please check out my blog for the information. I really enjoy reading your blog!

    http://redpearcreative.blogspot.ca/2013/01/my-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    Warmly, Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your positive comments... I am here to promote goodness and positivity and welcome you to do the same.